You can renew library books and DVDs as many times as you need to (up to 99 times*) without bringing them into the Library. This unlimited renewals policy applies to BU students and staff only.
You can renew your items in any one of the following ways:
- On the Library area in Brightspace, select Using the Library, then Check and renew loans
- On the Library Catalogue, click on My Account
- On the self-service units, scan your ID card and select the Renew option
- Phone Library Enquiries: +44 (0) 1202 965959
- Bring your ID card to staff at the Help Zone.
*If you still need any items after 99 consecutive renewals, please bring them to the Library Help Zone.
You will not be able to renew a book or DVD if any of the following conditions apply:
- the item has been reserved by someone else
- you have outstanding fines of £20 or more
- you have outstanding fines of under £20 that are over two weeks old
- your item is sufficiently overdue for us to have sent you a letter outlining the replacement cost (referred to as a Library Account).
External and subscription library members may renew ordinary loans once but are not able to renew one-week loans, as these are items in heavy demand for academic study. Further details about borrowing and renewing are given in the section on Visitor loans