Bournemouth University is committed to providing a safe environment for all students and staff. This page contains links to BU's policies and procedures relating to children and vulnerable people.
It is the general policy to ensure that any individual who may be potentially vulnerable (e.g. due to their age, disability or condition) are given an appropriate level of support so that they are not harmed by being in our working environment, or while engaging in activities controlled by the University.
The Policy considers the following groups as potentially vulnerable:
- Children (Under 18)
- Young Persons
- People with disabilities
- New & Expectant Mothers
- Lone Workers
Risk Assessment should identify the health and safety arrangements for vulnerable persons.
- Aimhigher with BU Policy (DOC - 1.1mb)
- BU Under 18 Policy (DOC - 65kb)
- Kaplan International Colleges Policy & Practice Statement (PDF - 111kb)
- Potentially Vulnerable Groups Policy (DOC - 55kb)
- SUBU Working with Children, Young People & Vulnerable Adults Policy (PDF - 178kb)
- 3E BU Criminal Convictions Procedure (2012/13) (PDF - 651kb)
For additional information and advice please contact: