AskBU opening hours from 5 June 2017:
If you want to visit the team they will be available during the following times at:
*Please note: AskBU closes for staff training every Wednesday at 2pm-3.30pm.
The AskBU Students' Service is a one-stop-shop for student enquiries - open during term time and vacations. Our friendly, professional and helpful advisers are available to help you with information, advice and guidance throughout your studies at BU.
We are based at both Talbot and Lansdowne campuses; you can drop-in to see us at The Base in Poole House or at Bournemouth House Library. You can call us on +44 (0)1202 969696 or email AskBU@bournemouth.ac.uk. There are also confidential interview rooms available if you would like to discuss your query in private.
We personally reply to every enquiry and aim to do so within two to three working days. During very busy periods this may increase to around 5 working days. If your enquiry is urgent please phone us.
Find out more
- Accommodation - Finding accommodation if you are a returning student and how to report any maintenance problems or complaints
- Applying to BU - Contact the Future Students Enquiries Team or visit our course search pages
- Finance and Fees - Find out how to pay your fees, bursaries and scholarships and financial hardship advice. If you have a query about paying your fees, you should contact our Finance Department on +44 (0)1202 961600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immigration and visa advice for international students - Including applying for Tier 4 visas, travelling abroad, working during and after your studies
- Letter requests - To confirm your student status for visa applications, placements, Oyster cards, permission to work or for international students opening a bank account
- Password reset - If you've forgotten your password you can reset it to access your student email account, myHub, myBU or MyCareerHub
- Replacement documents - Including award certificates, council tax exemption, ID cards and transcripts
- Rules and regulations - BU policies and procedures covering; fees and funding, admissions and assessment regulations, appeals and complaints, Mitigating Circumstances, conduct and welfare, and more
- Update your contact details - Make sure that you keep your current address and phone numbers up to date so that we can contact you
Phone: +44 (0)1202 969696
Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 6:00pm during term time (8:30am - 5:00pm during vacations)
Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed for training every Wednesday, 2:00pm - 3:30pm.
AskBU, The Base, Bournemouth University, Poole House, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB.
AskBU, Bournemouth House Library, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3LH.
Please email the following information to email@example.com.
A minimum of 48 hours notice is required but preferably longer if possible.
- A detailed Risk Assessment including signed approval for the activity from the lecturer involved
- Accurate details of locations
- Details of the scenes you will be filming
- Accurate timings for the shoot
- Copies of confirmation giving permission for the filming if it is anywhere other than public areas that we need to unlock i.e. the Medical Centre, Chaplaincy etc
- Contact details for crew and cast.