There are a number of opportunities to work whilst you're studying, with flexible paid roles across the university. Learn about the role of our student ambassadors and find out how to apply to represent BU and get involved with your university.
Find out more about the BU Student Ambassadors achievements at the annual Awards Ceremony.
Find out more
AskBU Student Services - Applications currently closed
AskBU Student Ambassadors help provide support to students, staff and members of the public contacting the AskBU Students Service during busy periods throughout the year. Applications are open to current BU students with excellent communication skills who can work effectively as part of a team to provide professional, appropriate, timely and customer focussed information and guidance.
You could be providing service users with support on a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- BU facilities and resources
- First line IT help
- Student financial support
- Immigration support processes.
Library & Learning Support - Applications currently closed
The Library & Learning Support Student Assistant Team provide support to students, staff and members of the public who use the LLS services and facilities at BU. You must be a current student at BU with knowledge of the services offered by the university library and be able to work on your own initiative. A willingness to learn and being proactive is very important in this role. The role entails working 4-6 hours per week in the library at Talbot Campus providing support to users in a variety of areas including:
- Printing and IT
- Helpzone queue management
- Assisting with using the self-service machines
- Finding resources
- Sorting books to be re-shelved.
IT Services - Applications currently closed
BU's IT Services department are looking to recruit part-time Student Ambassadors to provide over the counter support at both Talbot and Lansdowne campuses throughout the academic year. You will have great communication and customer service skills to be able to provide support, information and guidance to both staff and students with a variety of IT enquiries including, but not limited to:
- Wireless and wired connectivity issues
- Printing queries
- Formatting documents
- Software and hardware issues
- First line IT help and advice.
Marketing & Communications - Applications currently closed
Within Marketing & Communications the Student Ambassadors and Leaders play a pivotal role in much of BU's marketing and outreach activity. If you remember how important it was to meet a current student at an open day, school visit or mentoring session in your school, you'll know why Ambassadors play a big part in everything we do.
There are lots of opportunities to specialise in outreach activities within schools and colleges. In addition, supporting Graduation ceremonies, NSS marketing, and much, much more. There are five overarching roles:
- Blogger, Vlogger or The Student Room Representative - job description (pdf 179kb)
- Student Ambassador (MeBe Primary school activities, Science & Technology Ambassadors, Subject tutoring, open days & student recruitment activities, Country Champion, Mature Students Champion) - job description (pdf 174kb)
- Student Leader (Subject specialist, Books & Stories primary scheme, Science & Technology workshop leader, Student mentor) - job description (pdf 194kb).