Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) is a scheme that fosters cross-year support between students on the same course. PAL encourages students to support each other and to learn collaboratively under the guidance of trained students, called PAL Leaders, from the year above.
PAL has five main aims and is intended to help students:
- Adjust quickly to university life
- Acquire a clear view of course direction and expectations
- Develop their independent learning and study skills to meet the requirements of higher education
- Enhance their understanding of the subject matter of their course through collaborative group discussion
- Prepare better for assessed work and exams.
If you have any enquiries about PAL or would like to enquire about becoming a PAL Leader you can contact us.