At the Student Medical Centre you will find a hard working and committed team dedicated to keeping you healthy. We have several doctors as well as a nurse practitioner.
A nurse practitioner is a highly trained nurse who can help the doctors by seeing patients with most conditions, minor injuries or ailments and works in a similar way to the GPs. This additional service enables the surgery to offer more appointments, which means patients can be offered quicker access to treatment.
- Dr Martin Hughes - BSc MBBS DRCOG MRCGP FP Cert Reg 1983 St Georges, London
- Dr Elizabeth Craig - MBBS DRCOG FP Cert Reg 1985 London
- Dr Simon Flack - BSc MBBS MRCP MRCGP DOcc Med FP Cert Reg 1987 London
- Dr Tom Caudell - BM, MRCGP Reg 2003 Southampton
- Dr Rachel Robinson - BM MRCGP DRCOG DFFP Reg 2003 Southampton
- Dr Louise Parkin - BM MRCGP FP Cert Reg 1990 Southampton
- Dr Maya Peaty - MBBS, DRCOG, DFFP, MRCGP Reg 2001 London
- Dr Heather Sherwood - MB BS, MRCP, MRCGP, DFSRH Reg 1991 UCH, London
- Dr Richard J L Holmes - BM, BSc (Hons), MRCP(UK), MRCGP, FP Cert. Reg 1995 Southampton
- Kelly Hennessy (Nurse Practitioner) - RN, DipN, BSc (Hons) RCN Nurse Practitioner PG Dip
Our nurse practitioner, Kelly, works Monday - Friday 9.00am - 11.30am. Kelly can prescribe certain medication and is able to refer patients to hospital for specialist treatment if required.