The Student Project Bank is closed to new projects while we re-structure the initiative to bring it into line with BU2025. We will re-open in the summer.
Do you have an idea that could benefit society, and could use some help to make it a reality?
We are looking for community organisations, charities, not-for-profit organisations and corporate partners that would like help implementing a project that benefits society.
The Student Project Bank is a mutually beneficial collaboration between you and our students. As part of their studies, they get to work on a live project with the potential for real-world impact and you get the opportunity to benefit from their knowledge, skills and creativity whilst gaining valuable insights into your project area.
How does it work?
- Tell us about your project idea and how we can help. It can be anything that benefits an individual, a community or society such as a piece of research, service improvement or a creative project. We’ll work with you to develop your idea into an exciting project brief.
- We’ll match your project to our students’ skill sets. Students will be able to view and apply for projects and we will discuss everyone’s needs before the project starts.
- We’ll monitor project progress and keep you up to date. Throughout the project we’ll be on hand to guide our students through the process to ensure they get the most out of the experience and your project requirements are met.
- The project results will be shared with you. Once the project has been completed, the student will share their work with you and it will be published open access on our website. We will ask for feedback on how it has had an impact on your organisation.
Is my Project Suitable for the Student Project Bank?
- Have no immediate deadline
- Adhere to the Responsible Research and Innovation ethos.
If your project does not fit with the above, please contact us with project information and we’ll forward it to the relevant university department.
How do I sign up?
Contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)1202 961281 to find out more. It costs nothing to take part.