Within the School of Journalism, English & Communication we have outstanding links to industry, ensuring our courses remain relevant and that you’re well prepared for a role in the fast-paced world of media.
We work closely with a number of leading media organisations, including:
- BBC Academy - we are one of just two institutions to deliver education and training to BBC employees
- Adobe - we work in partnership with Adobe to ensure all our staff and students are confident using the latest industry-standard software
- Apple - as an Apple authorised training centre, we offer the Apple Introduction to Final Cut Pro course, allowing you to train as an Apple Certified Pro.
Our journalism courses are also accredited by the three main industry bodies - BJTC, NCTJ and PPA - and we were the first institution in the UK to have our journalism courses accredited by all of these organisations. This recognition demonstrates the quality of teaching and the relevance of our course content in this competitive sector.
- BJTC - the Broadcast Journalism Training Council is a partnership between the main UK employers in the broadcast industry. Any course with BJTC accreditation is highly valued thanks to the direct practical experience it provides students.
- NCTJ - the National Council for the Training of Journalists delivers the premier journalism training scheme in the UK. We incorporate the preliminary qualifications in newspaper and magazine journalism, media law, public affairs and shorthand into the BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism degree, allowing you to leave with industry-recognised qualifications in addition to your degree.
- PPA - the Professional Publishers Association is the leading body for best practice in training, development and people management for the magazine industry. PPA accreditation means the course meets their rigorous standards for magazine journalism.