The National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) has forged close links with many of the UK’s, and the world’s, most prominent animation organisations and award-winning professionals. These links allow us to consistently deliver high-quality courses and ensure you are always at the cutting edge of this ever-evolving sector.
We work closely with a number of leading media organisations, including:
- Adobe - we work in partnership with Adobe to ensure all our staff and students are confident using the latest industry-standard software
- Apple - as an Apple authorised training centre, we offer the Apple Introduction to Final Cut Pro course, allowing you to train as an Apple Certified Pro
- Sony Computers Entertainment Europe - we are excited to work closely with Sony Computers Entertainment Europe, one of the biggest players in the computer games industry, to deliver a range of computer games short courses
Creative Skillset Tick
A number of our courses have the Skillset Tick, which indicates the quality of our computer animation degrees and shows that we offer training that prepares you for a career in the sector. The Skillset Tick is awarded by Creative Skillset, the sector skills council for the creative industries. We’ve worked very closely with Creative Skillset to develop a range of ground-breaking short courses aimed at media professionals.
All of our accredited courses have undergone a rigorous assessment process conducted by experts working in the creative media industries and our strong industry links have played an important role in gaining us this accreditation. Our Skillset Tick-accredited courses include:
- BA (Hons) Computer Visualisation and Animation
- MA 3D Computer Animation
- MSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects
Houdini Certified School status
Bournemouth University is one of five institutions from around the world who have been granted Houdini Certified School status. Houdini Software is taught across the NCCA framework of undergraduate and postgraduate courses and each year graduating students have the chance to win the Side Effects Software Prize.
In 2015 the Side Effects Software Prize for Best Digital Effects Project was awarded to Jack Pooley and Nicolas Rolke at their Graduation Ceremony for their group based Masters Project – Monolith. They were each awarded a 6 month commercial Houdini license by Side Effects Software.
"Receiving the Side Effects Software award has been a great honor and I'm very thankful about the Houdini license. During my study I discovered the interesting aspects and advantages of Houdini, now working in the industry I found out how important Houdini is to every VFX pipeline. Therefore it is great to have a license to not lose touch and skill with the software and even as a Compositor I benefit greatly from being able to create my own small assets." Nicolar Rolke.