We offer a wide range of short courses that are designed to meet the needs of industry professionals and that are delivered by experienced academics and practitioners. We constantly assess and develop our courses to ensure their content focuses on current industry trends, developments and issues.
The aim is to provide flexible training options for media professionals, whether you simply want to refresh your skills or work towards a professional qualification.
All of our courses have been designed and are delivered by the Faculty of Media & Communication alongside the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice (CEMP), providing flexible, balanced and industry-focused professional development opportunities.
All courses last for eight weeks and begin with a two-day creative retreat on the Friday/Saturday on the dates shown below. View our full range of courses or register your interest to receive updates from BU.
17-18 March 2017
Application deadline: 3 March 2017
- Intellectual Property & Emerging Business Models
- Rendering & Shading
- Relationship Marketing
- Change & Organisation Culture
- Strategic Marketing in the Media
- Intellectual Property& Emerging Business Models
19-20 May 2017
Application deadline: 3 May 2017
- Integrated Marketing Communications Explored
- Editorial Leadership
- Managing Creativity & Innovation
- Media Coverage of Extremism: Risks and Responsibilities