Brightspace is BU’s new Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), launching in August 2017. Almost half of BUs students will use Brightspace in 2017/18 before it is introduced to all students the following academic year.
Pulse is the mobile app for Brightspace that will help you keep track of important updates. It brings announcements, deadlines, and grades together in one place so you can spend less time organising and more time learning.
Use Brightspace Pulse to do the following:
- See all the important dates and deadlines for each unit
- Mark activities as complete
- Anticipate busiest times with a quick glance
- Receive the latest grades, unit content, and announcements
- Share updates by email, text message, and social media
- Enter events and deadlines
- View units and unit content
- View unit details and customise how much assignments and tests are worth
- Seamlessly log in to Brightspace Learning Environment via a browser to complete tasks
Please note: Brightspace has a calendar feature but this is not integrated with your timetable. To access your timetable on a mobile device use the iBU app.
Brightspace Pulse is available to download for free on both iOS and Android:
Information about setting up Pulse can be found in the Brightspace VLE.