Booking your accommodation is easy using our online Accommodation Portal. We’ve outlined the steps you’ll need to take to complete the process on this page, but you can also read our booking FAQs if you get stuck for any reason.
The two stages of booking:
Stage 1 – register your interest in BU accommodation
Once you’ve accepted your offer to study at BU and chosen us as your firm choice, you’ll receive an email (from April) inviting you to register your interest in BU accommodation.
There are three things to do at this stage:
- Visit the accommodation portal, enter your student ID number, and select ‘Forgot password’ on your first visit
- You’ll receive an email from the portal – follow the instructions to create a new password
- Once you’re logged in, confirm your personal details and provide a few additional bits of information.
Stage 2 – booking your accommodation
When our rooms are ready to book and your offer is showing as unconditional firm (UF) in MyHub, we’ll email you with a timeslot to book your accommodation*.
At this stage, you just need to:
- Log in to the portal using the same logins you used to complete stage 1
- Complete your personal profile, search for and then select your room
- Make the required payment to secure your room (see below).
*A percentage of rooms from each accommodation will be available in your timeslot. These can be booked on a first come, first served basis to give all students an equal chance of booking their preferred accommodation. Remember: if the room is available, you can book it.
To secure your booking you are required to pay some monies shortly after you have selected your room. This will include a booking fee and, depending on where your booking is located, could also include a deposit and/or an advanced payment of rent. Please make sure you have sufficient funds available in advance. See our accommodation price guide (pdf 107kb) and visit our payment information page for details.
Don’t forget we guarantee accommodation for:
- All new undergraduate students who submit their UCAS application by midnight on 30 June (UK, EU and non-EU international students), or by midnight on 4 July for UCAS Extra applications (UK/EU students), and make BU their firm choice.
- All new postgraduate students who complete their booking for accommodation by 9am on 17 December (January intake) or 8am on 16 August (September intake).