Booking your accommodation is easy using our online Accommodation Portal. We’ve outlined the steps you’ll need to take to complete the process on this page, but you can also read our booking FAQs if you get stuck for any reason.
The two stages of booking:
Stage 1 – register your interest in BU accommodation
Once you’ve accepted your offer to study at BU and chosen us as your firm choice, you’ll receive an email (from the week beginning 9 April 2018) inviting you to register your interest in BU accommodation.
Please note: Stage 1 emails will be sent out in batches, as there is no disadvantage to having the email later in the week please do not get concerned if you do not hear anything immediately.
There are three things to do at this stage:
- Visit the accommodation portal, enter your student ID number, and select ‘Forgot password’ on your first visit
- You’ll receive an email from the portal – follow the instructions to create a new password
- Once you're logged in, confirm your personal details and answer a few additional questions.
Stage 2 – booking your accommodation
Those whose offers become Unconditional Firm on A-level results day (16 August) will go into Stage 2, during which you can book your accommodation. You will have an equal chance of booking accommodation whichever release timeslot you are given.*
At this stage, you just need to:
- Log in to the portal using the same logins you used to complete stage 1
- Complete your personal profile, search for and then select your room
- Make the required payment to secure your room (see below).
*A percentage of rooms from each accommodation will be available in your timeslot. These can be booked on a first come, first served basis to give all students an equal chance of booking their preferred accommodation. Remember: if the room is available, you can book it.
Clearing applicants and insurance offer holders
Please note if you are an applicant who has accepted an offer through Clearing or BU was your insurance choice, the above two stages will be combined. We will email you with further information.
To secure your booking you are required to pay some monies shortly after you have selected your room. This will include a booking fee and, depending on where your booking is located, could also include a deposit and/or an advanced payment of rent. Please make sure you have sufficient funds available in advance. See our accommodation price guide (pdf 115kb) and visit our payment information page for details.
Don’t forget we guarantee accommodation for:
- All new undergraduate students who submit their UCAS application by midnight on 30 June (UK, EU and non-EU international students), or by midnight on 4 July for UCAS Extra applications (UK/EU students), and make BU their firm choice.
- Applicants who accept an offer through Clearing by 8am on Saturday 18 August and book by 4pm the same day.
- Applicants who have selected BU as their insurance choice and show as Unconditional Firm (U/F) on UCAS Track with BU by 8am on Thursday 16 August 2018.
- All new postgraduate students who complete their booking for accommodation by 9am on 17 December (January intake) or 8am on 18 August (September intake).