Whatever your accommodation need it is always worth calling our Residential Services team first on 01202 961671 who will be happy to talk over your options (we may well have someting suitable for you in one of our own halls of residence or Unilet properties). However, if, for whatever reason, you do need to review alternative accommodation options we've pulled together some here for your consideration:
- Private rental flats and houses - Approach local letting agents in Bournemouth and/or visit the many and various online property search sites, e.g. Movem, PadsforStudents, Rightmove, Gum Tree and Roomlala (these sites are not affiliated with or endorsed by BU)
To help you find the right room out in the private sector we’ve prepared a home finders checklist (pdf, 132kb), which contains helpful advice and hints for what to look out for and consider during your search.
- Private Halls of Residence – Bayview Breeze, Lulworth House, Mercury House and Lansdowne Point (the rooms in these halls of residence are not operated or affiliated with BU*)
- Rooms in shared student houses – find spare student rooms or form groups with other students searching for accommodation on the BU Find a Housemate Facebook page
- Host families (Home Stay) – rent a room with a local family in their home
- Student Hotels & Hostels - these are a bit like halls of residence, some will offer catering and serviced rooms as well as flexible contracts
- Short Stay Accommodation - BU doesn't have any accommodation available for short stays of a few days, weeks or months but we have supplied you with some options to get you started in your search
*Even though these properties aren't BU managed, they're all signed up to the National Code, a scheme designed to provide reassurance for tenants that their accommodation complies with benchmark standards and is safe and well managed. Take a look at the options below to find out more about these properties, and how to book.