A Top-up degree is the equivalent to the final year of undergraduate study, giving you a Bachelor’s level qualification. As the name suggests, these courses enable you to ‘top-up’ an existing qualification, whether that’s a Foundation degree or another relevant qualification, like an HND.
Every course has its own entry requirements, so check the course you’re interested in to find out exactly what you’ll need to apply.
When you graduate, you’ll be awarded either a BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) and even if you study your Top-up degree with one of our partners, rather than us, your final award will be from BU.
Top-up degrees at BU and our partners
Although we run many Top-up degrees on our campuses, some of these qualifications are delivered through one of our partner colleges.
The following are the Top-up degrees that we offer:
Accounting and Finance:
Business and Management:
- BA (Hons) Business and Management (Top-up) (Bournemouth University)
- BA (Hons) International Management (Top-up) (Bournemouth University)
- BA (Hons) Global Business Management (Top-up) (Online) (Bournemouth University)
Design & Engineering:
- BA (Hons) Law (Top-up) (Bournemouth University)
- BSc (Hons) Marine Ecology & Conservation (Top-up) (Bournemouth University and Kingston Maurward College)
Tourism and Hospitality:
BA (Hons) International Hospitality & Tourism Management (Top-up) (Bournemouth University)