We have a specialist suite for our occupational therapy students, where you can try the latest equipment used by professionals in the field and learn to deal with a range of situations that you’ll meet in the real world.
Our occupational therapy suite includes:
- Stairs, a bathroom, bedroom and shower room, as well as a ceiling-mounted hoist for practising manual handling
- Kitchen with two areas - one that is a normal height and one that is designed for disabled or wheelchair-bound people
- The kitchen is also equipped with a variety of utensils specifically designed for people coping with short or long-term disabilities
- Wet skills room that’s used to practice wet skills such as splinting
- Dry room that is used for exploring creative skills.
These varied environments are designed to help you develop the necessary skills to support patients with a range of needs. The equipment kept within the OT suite will allow you to gain a better understanding of what products are available to aid patients with varying requirements and will ensure you’re able to make valuable recommendations that can improve people’s quality of life.