Our History, Politics, Anthropology and Sociology degrees bring a modern slant to these traditional subjects, allowing you to explore our relationships with one another, institutions and the world around us in a number of contexts. You’ll gain a solid grounding in your chosen subject, preparing you for a variety of roles.
- Guest lectures delivered by visiting speakers, adding depth to your knowledge through real-life examples and case studies.
- Global perspectives woven into the courses, with the option of working or studying abroad to expand your knowledge.
- History and Politics courses are delivered in the media-driven environment of the Faculty of Media & Communication.
- History students will become members of the internationally renowned Centre for Media History, which is based at BU.
- Anthropology students will have access to our dedicated labs, which are home to one of the best collections of human skeletal remains among UK universities.
- Sociology courses are taught by a research-active team in the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, who have a global reputation, giving you the chance to research and publish with experienced academic authors.