There are various bursaries and grants available to fund postgraduate taught study.
Bursaries and grants from charities, foundations and trusts
Many charities, foundations and trusts offer bursaries or grants to fund part or all of postgraduate study within their specialism.
The Grants Register, which is available in libraries, universities and at careers services, is the best place to begin your search. This book is updated every year and features all of the grants available in 49 countries - with information about 4,500 awards. Bursaries and grants for UK, EU and international students are all listed within this publication.
BU subscribes to a funding database specifically for those looking for funding to support postgraduate studies, called The Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding Online. The guide contains a huge database of funding opportunities, comprehensive guidance, and tools to help you prepare a winning grant application, including:
- funding database of 600+ charities
- comprehensive guidance written by real students
- grant application writing tools
- personal statement and financial statement assistants.
Prospective students can access this for free by using a personal email address and using the PIN: 6199.
Other external bursaries
There are several other external bursaries available to postgraduate students, including the following:
- Postgrad.com study bursaries - You can apply for one of these bursaries if you are going to begin postgraduate study in 2019/20. Each bursary is worth £500 and students from anywhere in the world can apply via the postgrad.com website.
- FindAMasters - Gain a postgraduate scholarship in 2019 from FindAMasters.com and win your share of £12,000 on offer. Available for all subject areas at any university currently listed on FindAMasters.com. Find our more.