On Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September 2018, BU will be operating a Transfer Service at Heathrow Airport (London), and a Meet & Greet service at Gatwick Airport (London).
Our BU representatives will be at the airports from 07:30 to 15:00 on both days. They will meet you at the airport, give you welcome information and answer any questions you have.
Book by 08:00 hrs (UK time) on Thursday 13 September.
Heathrow Airport Transfer Service
The Airport Transfer Service is free of charge and includes:
- A BU representative to meet you when you arrive at Heathrow
- Bus transfer with other new international students from Heathrow Airport to Bournemouth (accompanied by a BU representative)
- Welcome Pack including free SIM card, drink and snack, map of Bournemouth and other useful information
- Drop-off at your Halls of Residence on arrival in Bournemouth.
You must register in advance if you want to use this service, so we know where and when to meet you.
If you have any questions about our Airport Transfer service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have booked you will receive an email with full instructions about what to do when you arrive and where to meet our BU representative at the airport.
Gatwick Airport Meet & Greet Service
We will meet you in the arrivals lounge of either the North or South Terminal and help you to make the connection for your onward journey to Bournemouth. We will also give you welcome information and answer any questions you have.
This is a Meet & Greet service, NOT a transfer service, and you will need to pay for your own bus or train ticket. We recommend that you take a National Express bus – the ticket price is approximately £30 and National Express buses depart regularly for Bournemouth until just before midnight.
BU representatives at Gatwick Airport will:
- Show you the way to the ticket office and bus station
- Advise on what type of ticket to buy
- Show you how to get from Bournemouth bus station to your accommodation
- Give you a Welcome Pack including a free SIM card so you can call home, a map of Bournemouth, and other useful information.
This is a free Meet & Greet service but you must register in advance, so we know where and when to meet you.
After you have registered, you will receive an email with full instructions about what to do when you arrive and where to meet our BU representative at the airport.
Not using our Airport Transfer service?
Are you are arriving on a different date or using a different port/airport and unable to use our Airport Transfer service? It should still be easy for you to travel to Bournemouth by coach or train.