Professionals who adopt a planned and structured approach to maintaining and upgrading their skills give themselves and their business a competitive advantage in an ever changing work environment. They can help keep their business one step ahead of the competition by utilising the skills learnt from the subjects within this short course.
Our CPD for sport includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Health and wellbeing
- Exercise and special populations
- Health and exercise programme design
- Enhancing athletic performance
- Health and safety policies, procedures and practices
- Certification – criminal records bureau (CRB) disclosure, health and safety
- Human anatomy, human physiology and biomechanics
- Sports psychology for coaches
- Impacts of sport tourism
- Sport tourism and urban regeneration
- Biopsychology and behaviour
- Behaviour modification & interventions
- Governance of sport
- Performance analysis
- Interpreting exercise data
- Exercise in extreme climates
- Evaluation of coaching sessions and participants’ performance
- Nature, supply and demand of watersports
- Legal framework implications and applications in national and international watersports.
Mature student entry requirements subject to level of proposed study.
International entry requirements
We are able to design bespoke CPD programmes to meet the requirements of international employers seeking development of their employees.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can understand English to a satisfactory level. English language requirements for this course are normally:
- IELTS 7.0 (Academic) or above.
You can also find further details of the international qualifications we accept, and what level of study they apply to, on our international entry requirements page.
How to apply
If you have any further questions about the course, please email Business Development Manager Claire Main or call her on 01202 961481
Alternatively, please contact our askBU Enquiry Service for more information
Embarking on a CPD programme sponsored by your employer will provide you with additional highly marketable skills that enhance your career potential. Success on the programme confirms to your employer (as well as yourself and others) that you are able to rise to the challenge and are fully able to play full part in developing the business. CPD is universally recognised as essential for career development.