University Music offers a wide range of exceptional musical opportunities to BU/AUB students and staff, as well as to members of the local community.
Whether you are looking to sing in a choir, play in an orchestra or band, take lessons, or you just want to listen to excellent music - find out below how you can access all that we offer.
Find out more
We have a range of ensembles that rehearse weekly during term time.
- Big Band
- Chamber Choir
- Choir (large scale choral society)
- Musical Theatre Choir
- String Ensemble
- A range of smaller student led ensembles and bands
All of the above give regular performances which are part of our comprehensive University Music Events Programme.
Practice rooms at Talbot House are open for use seven days a week, all year round, 8.00am-9.00pm. For door codes please contact the Music Admin team.
Music Admin office
The admin office is open during semester time only.
18 September - 15 December 2017
8 January - 23 March 2018
16 April - 22 June 2018
Music Centre location and venues
University Music is based in the Music Centre, Talbot House which is part of Bournemouth University’s Talbot campus.
Other regular venues that University Music perform at throughout the concert season include:
- Kimmeridge Hall, Kimmeridge House, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University, BH12 5BB
- Student Hall, Talbot House, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University, BH12 5BB
- St. Peter’s Church, Bournemouth Town Centre, BH1 2EE
- St. Ambrose Church, Westbourne, BH4 8BE
- St. Stephen’s Church, St Stephen's Way, BH2 6JZ
- Poole Guildhall, Market St, BH15 1NF
- Winchester Cathedral, SO23 9LS
- Christchurch Priory, BH23 1BU
- The Royal Bath Hotel Ballroom, Bournemouth Town Centre, BH1 2EW.