BU Bicycle Users Group (BUBUG) objectives are:
- To work with the University to promote and improve cycling facilities and events across BU
- To work with local councils and partners across the area to create a safe and secure cycling environment for staff and students
- To hold termly meetings with other members in order to represent BUBUG members at forums and feedback updates e.g. Travel Plan Group and Bournemouth Cycling Forum
- To arrange discounts with local shops and providers
- To organise and support cycling-related events.
Membership Membership is free to both staff and students and all BUBUG members also receive automatic free membership to the Dorset Cyclists Network and can therefore access DCN discounts and benefits from local retailers. If you're interested in becoming a member of BUBUG, or simply want to get some advice about cycling in the local area please contact us.
Events & Meetings
BUBUG will be running events in partnership with the BU Sustainability and Health and Wellbeing Teams throughout the year. There are also a number of cycling events taking place on campus aimed at increasing cycling amongst student and staff populations, to increase awareness of facilities on campus, provide free bike safety checks, improve cyclists confidence and highlight the fantastic opportunities for cycling in the local area.
BUBUG members are able to access a wealth of discounts at local participating retailers through their free DCN membership.
For more information about cycling at BU please e-mail us.