How to print
Before you print
- Check you have enough credit on your print account.
On the PC
- In your document, select Print
- Choose a print queue
- Secure Mono for black and white at 3p per page
- Secure Colour for colour at 18p per page
- Your printing will remain in the print queue for up to 24 hours before being deleted.
At the printer
- Go to a printer in your chosen print queue (Secure Mono or Secure Colour)
- Swipe your ID card once only across the card reader (located at the side of the printer)
- Select the Release documents option from the menu
- On the left hand side you will see a list of documents that you have sent to the print queue
- Select which items you want to print (or press "Select all") and then press Print in the bottom left hand corner of the screen
- If you want to carry out another action, click on the silver home button to be taken back to the option screen
- Or to log off, swipe your card once across the card reader.
There are step by step guides in the IT Knowledge Base which will help you use the full range of functions, whether printing, copying, scanning to email or printing wirelessly from your laptop or mobile device. NB you will be prompted to log in to the IT Knowledge Base.
How to print from your laptop
To send printing to library printers from your laptop you will need to go through a one-off process to set up your personal computer with the Printer Installer. Once you have done this you will be able to print documents with ease in the future. For more help with this, please contact the IT Service Desk on +44 (0) 1202 965515.
The following IT documents provide instructions for MAC devices and for mobile devices respectively. You will be prompted to login when you click on these links.
- Instructions for wireless printing for students using a Windows 10 device
- Instructions for wireless printing for students using a Mac device: instructions are in the Student Public Drive. Navigate to Common > Apple Mac Print Application 2016
- Instructions for wireless printing for students using mobiles and tablets
How to check credit on your print and photocopy account
If you are in the library:
- Use one of the Fast Track PCs near the Library Help Zone and click on the Print Credit icon
- At the Equitrac login page, enter your BU username and password
- Your current balance will be displayed in the window headed Account Details.
Alternatively (and if you are off-campus)
- Go to the Student pages on the BU website
- Click on "Log in here" then select Add Print Credit
- At the Equitrac Web Login page, sign in with your BU username and password
- Your current balance will be displayed at the top of the page
- On the same page you will be able to top up your print account if you need to. Minimum payment with a credit or debit card is £2.
How to add credit to your print and photocopy account
You can add credit to your print and photocopy account online through the Equitrac secure web payments gateway. The minimum top-up is £2.
If you prefer to top up with cash, you can use one of the Cash Loader machines.
These are installed in the following locations: Poole House (near Reception); Studland House Open Access and Bournemouth House 1st floor (just outside the Library entrance).
We regret that no monies can be returned to you at the end of your course.