Students are expected to sit their exams in Bournemouth, however in exceptional circumstances it may be possible for students to arrange to sit their exams overseas. Please note you must inform us by 21 December 2018 for the January 2019 exam period and by 3 May 2019 for the Summer 2019 exam period if you wish to sit your exams overseas, in order to allow us to make the necessary arrangements. If this deadline is not met, you will be expected to sit your exams in Bournemouth.
The deadline for the resit exam period 2019 will be confirmed when the resit exam dates are confirmed.
Process for arranging to take a BU exam at an overseas venue:
- You need to enquire as to whether they accommodate for external exams (UK) and what their charges are (this can vary between different organisations)
- Obtain written confirmation from your Programme Leader that you can take the exam overseas
- Obtain written confirmation from the exam centre that they are willing to host your exam and to agree the payment of their charges
- Complete the online overseas exam form which needs a specific contact name along with their specific email address at your proposed exam centre
- You will receive an auto-response reply to your request which confirms that we have received your form
- The BU Examinations Team will then liaise with the overseas exam centre to confirm arrangements and send the relevant materials through prior to the exam(s) taking place
- You will need to liaise will the overseas exam centre to arrange the payment of their fees, to find out where your exam/s will be taking place and who you report to on the day.
If you have any queries with regard to your exam(s) overseas, please email the BU Examinations Team.
Please note: You are responsible for making ALL arrangements for your exam(s) yourself. You will be responsible for the payment of any charges that will be incurred at your exam centre.