Your student ID card contains key information about you and allows you access to a number of systems around BU, including; printers, self-service machines in the libraries, car and cycle parking, or access to specific buildings on campus. You'll also need to use this as identification during your exams.
If you fall into one of the following categories you will be issued with a paper style ID card that is valid for only a single academic year of study:
- You are studying at a Partner College which is not participating in the ID card scheme
- You are on a Distance Learning programme
- You are on a Post Registration Nursing programme.
If you lose your ID card you must:
- Check with the Library or AskBU to see if your card has been found
- If not, complete an application form for the replacement of the card
- Pay the £10 administrative fee to a cashier (Poole House, Talbot Campus) or to AskBU (Lansdowne and Talbot Campuses), and ensure you receive a receipt
- Hand in the completed form and receipt to AskBU at The Base or Bournemouth House Library and they will be able to provide you with a new ID card within the hour
- If you are requesting a new ID card by email or post just follow the above procedure and it should be ready to collect in around two-three working days.
If your ID card has been stolen:
If you believe it's been stolen please report it to the Police. You will need to provide your Crime Reference Number when you complete the application form to replace the card. Subject to verification, we won't charge you for the replacement.
If your ID card is damaged or your enrolment dates have changed:
If your photo or details are unreadable, or if there has been a change to your enrolment dates, we can issue a new one for free. Please complete an application form for the replacement card and contact the Library or AskBU for further details.
Please note: We can only send your ID card to the contact details on your student record. If you would like us to send information to a different address or email, please ensure you update your student record. If your previous ID card gave you access to car and/or bicycle parking, or a specific BU building etc., you will need to ask BU reception to update this information on your new ID card.