Bournemouth University is committed to providing a safe environment for all students and staff. This page contains links to BU's policies and procedures relating to children and vulnerable people.
It is the general policy to ensure that any individual who may be potentially vulnerable (e.g. due to their age, disability or condition) are given an appropriate level of support so that they are not harmed by being in our working environment, or while engaging in activities controlled by the University.
The policy considers the following groups as potentially vulnerable:
- Children (Under 18)
- Young persons
- People with disabilities
- New and expectant mothers
- Lone workers
Risk assessment should identify the health and safety arrangements for vulnerable persons.
- BU Under 18 Policy (word 65kb)
- Policy on the protection of vulnerable people
- Potentially Vulnerable Groups Policy (word 55kb)
- Safeguarding Policy (word 73kb)
- SUBU Working with Children, Young People & Vulnerable Adults Policy (word 58kb)
- 3E Criminal Convictions Procedure
For additional information and advice please contact: