If you have got to go - then try and go green. We all have to travel - but how we travel says a lot about how much we care about our planet.
Here at BU we have developed a Travel Plan which aims to provide you with a wide range of alternatives to driving your own car to and from university.
The key objectives for the 2013-18 Plan are:
- To provide real and affordable travel choices for staff and students travelling to the University, and between University sites
- To further reduce the number of cars arriving at the University
- To manage the demand for car parking within current levels of provision
- To be a good neighbour to local residents and the wider community.
To achieve these, BU is continuing to implement a range of initiatives including:
- Expanding provision of secure covered cycling parking and shower and changing facilities on both campuses
- Discounts schemes with local retailers through the BU Bike Users Group (BUBUG)
- Expanding BU bus services with subsidised fares for students and staff
- Promotion and development of a car sharing website with liftshare.com in which students and staff can join the public site or BU’s private user group
- To reduce the need to travel we are continually improving staff and students remote portal access sites.
Find out more about how to get to and from, and around, Bournemouth University campuses.