Participating in a taught language course is a fantastic way to learn a new language or enhance your existing language skills. Language courses can be offered in the UK or overseas. The benefits of taking a class overseas are that you have better opportunities to put your language skills into practice in a real-life situation after class.
Language courses can range in duration from one week (i.e. an intensive course) to a month or longer. The more time you spend on learning a language the better your skills will be. Graduate employers are impressed by students who have fluency in more than one language, so it will look great on your CV.
The costs of participating in a taught language class will include the cost of the programme as well as travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
Host organisations who could help you find a language course
Please remember though that all of the opportunities listed below have been provided in good faith. BU is not responsible for the content of the websites or any of the activities these organisations are running. Students are responsible for any financial costs which they may incur.
- Study Languages - organisation offering a variety of in-country language courses
- Language International - offers a variety of language courses abroad
- Study Abroad - details a variety of intensive language programmes
- My Language Travel - summer language schools and reviews from students
- Language Course Finder - search engine to help you find language courses
- Olé Spanish Language School - Spanish Language School in Bournemouth