Integrate sustainability principles/environmental management practices in tourism and hospitality operations.
This course will cover:
- How to reduce operational costs and enhance business reputation
- The course will offer an overview of opportunities for managerial interventions designed to improve environmental sustainability of (tourism and hospitality) business operations
- Consider the challenges of implementing sustainability initiatives in tourism and hospitality ventures. Solutions will also be considered, drawing on domestic and international examples.
While there are growing public expectations that environmental sustainability should become a cornerstone of any business operations, UK tourism and, particularly, hospitality organisations have been slow in taking sustainability principles on board. From the managerial perspective, environmental sustainability is often seen as an unnecessary burden which is costly to implement while difficult to justify, given there is rather fragmented and often insufficient evidence of consumer demand for sustainable/more responsible products and services.
This course aims to highlight the opportunities associated with integrating the principles of sustainability in tourism and hospitality business operations. Drawing on examples of UK and international business ventures, it will demonstrate how environmental management practices can be beneficial in medium and long-term, thus calling for their more active uptake by the UK tourism and hospitality industry.
Dr Viachaslau (Slava) Filimonau is a Senior Academic in the Department of Tourism and Hospitality at Bournemouth University. Viachaslau’s research interests include sustainable mobility, environmental management practices in tourism and hospitality enterprises and pro-environmental consumer behaviour. He is also interested in exploring the role of national culture in tourist consumption. Viachaslau holds a BSc degree in Geography, a MSc degree in Environmental Management and Policy and a PhD in Tourism.
Half-day course fees: £70
Discounts apply for multiple course bookings:
- Two half-day courses on the same day: £130
- One week of half-day courses: £595
- All half-day courses: £995
- All masterclasses & half-day courses: £1295