On this course, you will:
- Review the development of Chinese outbound tourism market
- Understand the preferences, habits, particular requirements of this market
- Know the behavioural patterns of Chinese tourists
- Interact with this market
- Look into different segments: luxury tourists, budget hotel guests, and Airbnb lovers
Benefit from the steady development and the simplified visa policies, China is becoming an emerging and increasingly important source market for many destinations, including the UK, with an average visitor growth rate of 18% per year (VisitBritain, 2010-2016).
To prepare our industry for the Chinese market, this course will cover several useful areas, including the development stages of China’s outbound tourism, Chinese tourists’ service preferences and behavioural patterns. For those who are particularly interested in the Chinese luxury tourism market, budget hotel users and Airbnb users, this course will provide intensive knowledge to the respective areas.
Dr Daisy Fan is a Lecturer in tourism and hospitality with her research interests in consumer behaviour, tourist-host interaction, travel motivation and Chinese market studies. She is a Ph.D. graduate of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and worked in a hotel consulting and management company in Hong Kong prior to her study.
Half-day course fees: £70
Discounts apply for multiple course bookings:
- Two half-day courses on the same day: £130
- One week of half-day courses: £595
- All half-day courses: £995
- All masterclasses & half-day courses: £1295