Enhance your understanding of the current generation of under-35s as consumers of travel and hospitality products, services and experiences, with concepts and cases drawn from the latest academic and industry research.
- Significance and characteristics of the Millennial generation, and changing attitudes of Millennials to work and leisure
- Debunking myths and stereotypes (e.g. needy, lazy, self-absorbed, disloyal)
- Needs and wants, planning and booking behaviours, and accommodation, food and drink, trip type and destination preferences
- Role of technology in influencing and catering for Millennials- personalisation, location-based marketing, social media and electronic world-of-mouth, collaborative consumption, Wi-Fi, etc
- Implications for service and facility design, product development and marketing.
Millennials make up the largest segment of the population and of the market for travel and hospitality, in the UK and worldwide. This course is for travel and hospitality businesses and managers/ decision-makers targeting or wishing to target this hugely important, but frequently misunderstood demographic with products, services and experiences that work for them.
Dr Tim Gale is a Senior Lecturer in Tourism Management at Bournemouth University. He is the academic lead for the University’s new BA (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management degree, and has designed and delivered taught programmes in tourism, events, marketing and human geography over a 20+ year career as an academic in UK HE. His research interests include the decline and restructuring of mature seaside resorts in the UK and Europe, and new tourism spaces, places and experiences. He has worked with public and third sector organisations evaluating the impact of one-off and annual events and event tourism, with a focus on arts and entertainment and sports.
Half-day course fees: £70
Discounts apply for multiple course bookings:
- Two half-day courses on the same day: £130
- One week of half-day courses: £595
- All half-day courses: £995
- All masterclasses & half-day courses: £1295