Applications for BYOMA short courses should be made electronically. Please ensure you read the application guidelines before filling out the form.
If you have any queries on completing your application, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
The application process
- Complete the Short Course Application Form (pdf 144kb)
- Save the completed form to your computer
- Log-in to your email account and open new message
- Attach the word application form
- Send email to email@example.com
- Use BLOCK capital letters
- Complete all sections of the form which relate to your application
- Please read the general entry requirements and further entry requirements for the particular short course in which you are interested. If you are in doubt about your eligibility, please contact us
- Make sure you read and understand the personal declaration
- Sign and date your application form (an electronic signature is sufficient for online applications).
We do not have one deadline for applications as the short courses run throughout the year. However, each short course will have an application deadline and you should apply at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the course in which you are interested. Places on the short courses are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so it is in your interest to apply earlier rather than later.
All applications are reviewed by the course team. You may be asked to take part in an informal interview at a mutually convenient time in order to assess your motivation, commitment and general suitability for the course.
The interview can take place face-to-face but since this isn't always practical, a telephone or video conferencing interview is usually arranged as an alternative.
Following your interview, the course team will further discuss your application and make a decision about whether to offer you a place and under which conditions. We hope to let you know the outcome within a couple of days. You will then receive a formal offer letter.
If your application is successful, you may be required to provide proof of your previous study (including degrees and/or professional qualifications) and two satisfactory references, one of which should be professional and one academic. We will accept two professional references for applicants whose most recent qualification was not undertaken within the last four years.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English language ability.