Within the Department of Media Production, we have close ties with various industry professionals and organisations, ensuring our courses are always up to date and teach you the most relevant skills and techniques.
Our aim is to prepare you for work in the ever-evolving media production sector, and employers value the practical approach we take to teaching courses in this area. We work closely with a number of leading media organisations, including:
- BBC Academy - we are one of just two institutions to deliver education and training to BBC employees
- Adobe - we work in partnership with Adobe to ensure all our staff and students are confident using the latest industry-standard software
- Apple - as an Apple authorised training centre, we offer the Apple Introduction to Final Cut Pro course, allowing you to train as an Apple Certified Pro
- Met Film School - we work in partnership with the Met Film School, based at the famous Ealing Studios, to develop our innovative film-making short courses.
A number of our courses have the Skillset Tick, which indicates the quality of our media degrees and shows that we are well-suited to prepare you for a career in the industry. The Skillset Tick is awarded by Creative Skillset, the sector skills council for the creative industries. We’ve worked very closely with Creative Skillset to develop a range of ground-breaking short courses aimed at media professionals.
All of our accredited courses have undergone a rigorous assessment process conducted by experts working in the creative media industries and our strong industry links have played an important role in gaining us this accreditation. Our Skillset Tick-accredited courses include:
- BA (Hons) Television Production
- MA Producing Film and Television
- BA (Hons) Scriptwriting for Film and Television
The International Moving Image Society
Bournemouth University (BU) received it's International Moving Image Society (formerly the BKSTS) accreditation certificate from British film legend, Sir Sydney Samuelson CBE. The IMIS is a long established and respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. Four of BU’s Media Production postgraduate courses received accreditation in recognition of industry-standard teaching:
- MA Cinematography for Film and Television
- MA Directing Film and Television
- MA Post Production Editing
- MA Sound Design for Film and Television
BU prides itself on our links with industry and our regular guest lectures show that our students have access to real world professionals who work in the areas our students want to work in too.