On behalf of the Executive Committee of the Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME), we are pleased to announce that BU’s Department of Tourism & Hospitality will be hosting the CHME 2018 Annual Research Conference next May.
The conference will be a showcase for research in innovative hospitality. The four thematic streams of the conference will be unchanged, but we are also introducing new streams of ‘research on technology and innovation’ and ‘today’s and tomorrow’s consumers’.
Our main theme – ‘Innovation in hospitality: connecting all stakeholders to deliver memorable experiences’ – embraces the multifaceted changes driven by dynamic political, economic, social and technological forces surrounding hospitality, which affect both academia and industry.
We look forward to welcoming you in Bournemouth with a vibrant academic and social programme at an inspiring conference.
With a core theme of ‘Innovation in hospitality: Connecting all stakeholders to deliver memorable experiences’, topics that the conference will address include:
Learning, teaching and assessment in hospitality
Critical and cultural studies in hospitality
Technology and innovation in hospitality
Today’s and tomorrow’s consumer
The members of the Bournemouth University Conference Committee are as follows:
- Chair: Dr Hanaa Osman
- Host: Prof Dimitrios Buhalis
- Professor Adele Ladkin
- Dr Lorraine Brown
- Professor Heather Heartwell
- Dr Viachaslau Filimonau
- Dr (Lia) Evangelia Marinakou
- Dr (Babis) Charalambos Giousmpasoglou
- Dr Lois Farquharson
- Crispin Farbrother
- Richard Ward
- Dr Sean Beer
- Tuesday 22 May 2018: Pre-conference programme
- Wednesday 23 May 2018: First day – welcome reception
- Thursday 24 May 2018: Second day – conference dinner and party
- Friday 25 May 2018: Final day and farewell – informal get-together
- Saturday 26 May 2018: Post-conference experiences and bank holiday weekend