We understand that being an expert in your field isn't enough to push research frontiers in the modern world, and across the university we encourage our academic staff to work together to solve problems, have a positive impact and make new discoveries through their research.
Within the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, we are actively involved in two of the university's research institutes - the Bournemouth University Dementia Institute (BUDI) and Centre for Leadership, Impact and Management in Bournemouth.
Our staff also play an active role in seven of our university's other research centres:
- Bournemouth University Clinical Research Unit
- Centre for GP Practice
- Centre for Leadership, Impact and Management in Bournemouth
- Centre for Midwifery, Maternal and Perinatel Health
- Centre for Postgraduate and Medical Research and Education
- Centre for Qualitative Research
- National Centre for Post-Qualifying Social Work